[NTLK] h*cks, kr*ks, SN

Andrei Chichak newton at chichak.ca
Sat Jan 16 19:57:19 EST 2010

As someone who writes code for a living, if someone did this to my code without asking, even if it was dormant for a while, I would hunt you down, find out where you live, and send out Dewey, Cheatem, and Howe to go medieval on your a$$.

Unbeknownst to most users, software is a bitch to write. You rarely make enough off of it to pay yourself more than a couple of bucks an hour. In the end, you are left with your copyright and your moral rights. To assume that you can dilute my copyrights through self-ritchous indignation, you tread on my rights, my hard work, and you show disrespect for me.

If you ask, I'll probably just give it to you. If you publish a L337 crack,  you are intentionally circumventing the security that I added to the product. It is obviously NOT shareware or I would never have protected it. I would start an international copyright infringement lawsuit against you, very much like those being called for by people who have their works copied by the Chinese.

Or you could ask.

Andrei
Author of FastTimes, which is shareware. A great way to set your clock quickly after a reset.