[NTLK] Personal web servers on Opera

Tony Kan tonykan at xtra.co.nz
Wed Jan 20 01:33:02 EST 2010

Hi Folks

I just noticed that Opera 10.10 for Windows now allows you to quickly set up a
Personal Web Server.  This looks like an easier path than trying to do it from
within Windows itself:

"Opera Unite is a technology that makes your browser into a personal Web server.
This changes everything: from being an onlooker, you become a participant on the
Web! With Opera Unite, you are both client and server, both visitor and host.
You receive Web content, and you also provide it. And you remain in control:
your data stays on your computer, and you decide with whom you will share it.

To make it easy to manage your Web server and to give it useful functionality,
Opera Unite includes numerous applications. By default, the following
applications are included:
  a.. File Sharing
  b.. Makes your files accessible from other computers
  c.. Fridge
  d.. A place to leave notes
  e.. Media Player
  f.. Streams your music
  g.. Messenger
  h.. Enables communication with your My Opera friends
  i.. Photo Sharing
  j.. Presents your photos as a gallery or slideshow
  k.. Web Server
  l.. Displays your Web pages"
Warm regards

Tony Kan