[NTLK] Pen v keyboard v Newton v Graffiti v Treo v iPhone (Phil Gyford’s website)

Randolphin randolfn at wavecable.com
Thu Jan 21 21:03:40 EST 2010

Don Zahniser wrote:
> Thought list members might enjoy reading this and the followup
> discussion:
>

> <http://www.gyford.com/phil/writing/2010/01/18/input.php>
>
> I appreciated it because I just pulled out my Handspring Visor last
> night to play with.  Although I had used it and a Palm for several
> years, I am now totally lost with trying to write using Graffiti.

I learned palm graffiti before I ever had a Newton and still use it as
one of the "keyboards" on my Newton.  There is a second Graffiti that
cropped up after palm decided it wasn't going to pay Xerox for the first
graffiti and it's horrible.  I hacked my palm TX to have the original
graffiti.  Anyway, if you know original graffiti and pick up a machine
with the second graffiti, you may think you have a palm without your
usual language OS or that you have completely forgotten graffiti.

cheers,

Randy