[NTLK] Modem setup

Mike Rodgers pmiker at copper.net
Fri Jan 22 22:23:50 EST 2010

I tried to find the answer via the faq and google.  No luck.  How do I
set up the Newton for dialup?  I have NIE installed and Newtscape.  I
have an xJack 33.6 modem.  I dial in, hear the modems, then nothing.  I
can only assume that the handshake, id, password or something failed.  I
tried a script to pass id and password.  No good.  Is there a way to get
a terminal window up showing what is going on?  Perhaps my login script
is wrong.  I cannot figure out how to check it.

Could someone point me to a faq or help out?
Thanks,
Mike