[NTLK] Speed Boost, Audio Headphone Jack

Woody Smith woodysmith at comcast.net
Fri Jan 22 22:39:42 EST 2010

On Jan 22, 2010, at 8:15 PM, Mike Rodgers wrote:

> Does anyone have experience with these?

Yes

>  Did the speed boost make a
> noticeable difference in the operation of your Newton?

Yes,   a noticeable and positive improvement.  Make sure it is
switchable.

> Did it hurt your
> Newton?

It could theoretical but my problems have been limited to inability to
use serial port while accelerated, inability to communicate with
another non accelerated newt via IR and failure to see the PCMCIA slot
sometimes if restarted while accelerated.

>  Do you listen to MP3's and such on the Newton?

some folks do but the newt is mono and MP3s are huge by Newt
standards, still it can and is done.

> Mike

woody,