[NTLK] Thoughts on Impending Apple Tablet

Matej Horvat redjazz_slo at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 24 05:00:27 EST 2010

> In portrait mode on a MP2100, I lose Columbo's menu bar at the bottom with the
> "intro", "clues" and "solve" buttons.  Seems to display fine on an eMate.  Any
> clues, anyone?  TIA

It's probably because the game is written to place the buttons a few pixels away from the bottom of the screen (back then Newton apps were written as device-independent because everybody expected to see thousands of different Newton devices on the market), but on the MP2x00's portrait mode, the buttons are obscured by the button bar (so device-independency actually backfires). In landscape mode, it's OK because the button bar stays where it was. On the eMate, there's no button bar at all, so it works on any screen orientation.

I hope that clears things up.

-Matej Horvat