[NTLK] [ANN] Y2010 Lender Card and Readme

R A Parker RAParker at Newted.ORG
Sun Jan 24 11:41:00 EST 2010

Available for download:

The Y2010 Lending Card Readme eBook. This NewtonPress e-book is available
for direct download in Classic Newton format here:

<http://www.newted.org/raparker/Y2010/Y2010Readme-C.pkg>

Also available for download:

The Y2010 Fix Lending Card backup file. This (initial version) backup file
was created with Newton Connection Utilities (NCU) running under Mac OS
Classic an  then zipped.

<http://www.newted.org/raparker/Y2010/Y2010LenderBackup.zip>
(File Size: 1,082K)

Other formats of backup files (NCU for Windows, NCX?) will be made
available shortly. They will be announced once they become available.

This backup file is designed to be restored to a Linear Flash card, of any
size. Restoring the data from this backup will replace everything in the
InOut Box's storage on this card. So, be aware of what this means before
restoring this backup. To create a Lending Card for sending to someone
else, erase the card first and then restore the backup.

The files in this backup will update any NOS v2 Newton to the most current
version ROM, as well as restore NIE, Ethernet and WiFi functionality to a
bootstrapped Newton. Supported Newtons include the MP120 v2.0, MP130,
MP2x00 and the eMate.

If you've mailed me a card for pre-loading, it will be shipped this week.

Ron

--
Voice transcribed using Dragon Dictation for iPhone.
E-mailed to a wireless MessagePad 2100.

Sent using GoFetch and a wireless eMate 300.
--
RAParker
    |\/|\ @ Newted.ORG
    |\ |  @ TahoeSunsets.COM