[NTLK] Newton for note-taking?

Matt Howe matthowe at comcast.net
Mon Jan 25 16:52:55 EST 2010

Sorry for the late response but I have been traveling. If you just want to
print your Newton notes, why not just use a Newton printer interface? If it
is straight text, you can also use Desktop or my utility.

Matt (Ducky) Howe
Owner of a MP2000U and an Emate
SantaMatt at Gmail.com (Nokia N770)
matthowe at comcast.net (Desktop)
http://home.comcast.net/~mhowe41/
http://SantaMatt.blogspot.com

<snip>
Here is a quick list for the PC, all of whom can be researched with the FAQ:

* Serial connection with cable :  Needs software which could be NCU, but
also
use Newtdump, Sloup and Notes2Notes; allows all notes to be transferred in
one
connection.
* Serial connection with bluetooth: Needs software from www.40hz.org.  Only
transfers one note at a time.
* Ethernet, internet and email:  Needs LAN and internet to be set up as well
as
email client.  Only transfers one note at a time.  Can also be done
wirelessly.
This is my preferred option as I don't need to print that often and keep
most of
my data on the Newt.
<snip>
[snip]
> I understand that if there is a way to successfully move Notes onto a
> computer and then print them on a modern printer.  I hope to learn how to
do
> that soon -- **before** this current StyleWriter goes the way of the
others.

> I sure could do with a proper service manual for StyleWriters until
then...

> Shalom.
> Christian
 http://www.diyplanner.com/node/3942