[NTLK] My new serial cable

Goodwin, Greg P. GoodwinG at aafes.com
Wed Jan 27 10:34:42 EST 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: Lord Groundhog
Sent: Wednesday, January 27, 2010 8:37 AM
To: newtontalk at newtontalk.net
Subject: Re: [NTLK] My new serial cable

To me all that means is that "high tech and advanced" with regard to the
Newton is about things like design and functionality, rather than raw
processing performance.

I think it has to do with the ports, possibly the processor or the OS's handling of information second.  Someone correct me on that.

Serial speeds are naturally slower than network, and network is still Base 10 speed.  How fast do things travel with wifi to Bluetooth?

    .    .   Doctor Clu  (member of...)
    )\,,/    THE PRISON BOARD BBS  972-329-0781 / telnet://rdfig.net
   /(- _O)   Fido/Dovenet Messages, Games, chat, newsgroup & Mail
  ( \____ )  Old School Computer BBS list (X at main then A or C)