[NTLK] Task software / Day Planner

Peter H. Coffin hellsop at ninehells.com
Wed Jan 27 14:10:19 EST 2010

On Sat, Jan 23, 2010 at 01:20:20PM -0600, Mike Rodgers wrote:
> I guess what would be nice would be an electronic daytimer.  When I go
> to try to set up a task, the Newton expects it to be for a day.  I have
> tasks by the hour. (or less).  For example, to meet my goal of having
> two loaves of raisin pecan rye bread ready for Monday morning, I must
> get a portion of the dough set up today in order for it to be ready for
> tomorrow's mixing and baking.  This is a two day recipe.  Tomorrow I
> also need to bake a couple loaves of whole wheat bread.  I schedule
> these to not conflict with other baking chores.  In addition, I had to
> work half day today and have chores around the house and shopping to
> do.  I would like to be able to plan/organize it so that tomorrow I do
> not find it too late to start something.
>
> Diabetes monitoring would be useful for work.
>
> I'm trying to see just how much of an assistant I can make the Newton.

Do you care how many daily tasks you have set to go off at different
times of the day? The newt certainly doesn't.

Meeting: Check level
Time:   08:00 - 08:00
Repeats: Daily

Meeting: Check level
Time:   12:00 - 12:00
Repeats: Daily

Meeting: Check level
Time:   16:00 - 16:00
Repeats: Daily

Meeting: Check level
Time:   20:00 - 20:00
Repeats: Daily

Meeting: Check level
Time:   24:00 - 24:00
Repeats: Daily

--
69. All midwives will be banned from the realm. All babies will be
    delivered at state-approved hospitals. Orphans will be placed in