[NTLK] What can I use Ipad for?

reilly001os at aol.com reilly001os at aol.com
Thu Jan 28 00:11:42 EST 2010

Someone sounds a little jaded :-) how much hd/flash space do you need? How fast a processor do you need? Newton doesn't even have a fraction of the ipad specs and it gets things done! It's not always about the raw figures especially if its a clean fast cpu architecture, what I think will limit the ipad is its iphone os. Unless ipad runs an open stand alone os (read: full osx), its always going to be a companion to and need a "full" computer. Apple has gone from a company focused on  building tools for creative professionals (Newton, powerbook duo, macs, etc) to a company focused on building toys for media consumption (ipod, iphone/itouch, ipad). Guess we'll have to see if ipad can get some work done lol.

Joe Reilly