[NTLK] Fwd: Re: What can I use Ipad for?

Forrest Buffenmyer anasazi4st at me.com
Thu Jan 28 01:40:25 EST 2010

>From: "Jim Lee" <jimlee at centurytel.net>
>To: <newtontalk at newtontalk.net>, <reilly001os at aol.com>
>Date: January 27, 2010 10:22:21 PM MST
>Subject: Re: [NTLK] What can I use Ipad for?
>
>That says it all, Joe.  Thanks for the most concise and accurate
>description I've seen in a long time!
>
>-Jim
>
>On Jan 27, 2010, at 9:11 PM, reilly001os at aol.com wrote:
>
>> Apple has gone from a company focused on  building tools for
>> creative professionals (Newton, powerbook duo, macs, etc) to a
>> company focused on building toys for media consumption (ipod, iphone/
>> itouch, ipad).

Hmm? What did Steve Jobs say in "Fortune" magazine on Feb. 19, 1996? "If I were running Apple I would milk the Macintosh for all it's worth--and get busy on the next great thing. The PC wars are over. Done. Microsoft won a long time ago."

Wow...it's 2010...and he's back running Apple. How true was does that look now?