[NTLK] ipad

Mark Bock markbvt at comcast.net
Thu Jan 28 09:23:52 EST 2010

On 1/28/10 8:42 AM, Matej Horvat wrote:
> I wouldn't be surprised if the iPad actually turns out to be a hoax as
> a response to those Apple tablet rumors that have existed for 12
> years. Sure, Apple has been researching tablets since the 90s, but
> when they make a real tablet, for serious work, it's not going to be
> like the iPad.
Are you kidding?

Apple already has compact computers for serious work. They're called MacBook Pros. They're not going to make a tablet any more sophisticated than the iPad -- at least, not until they've created the market for one, because so far the other companies pushing tablet computers certainly haven't had much success.

The iPad's OS will become more sophisticated. I'm sure it will allow multitasking in the future. Furthermore, developers will step in and create a wide variety of useful apps, just as they have for the iPhone. Accessory manufacturers will do the same. I expect in a year's time, we'll find people using iPads in all sorts of ways none of us are even thinking of right now -- including for serious work.

--mark

. . . . .
mark bock
KB1EXL
markbvt at comcast.net

"A youth who can't hit a cathedral at thirty yards with a Gatling gun in
three-quarters of an hour, can take up an old empty musket and bag his
grandmother every time, at a hundred."          --Mark Twain