[NTLK] ipad

Apostolos Koutropoulos der_admiral at me.com
Thu Jan 28 11:30:02 EST 2010

As I wrote on my blog
I didn't really see the value with the original Aluminium PowerBooks (I was a desktop guy) - By the 3rd revision I bought one to replace my aging desktop and never looked back (the thing still kicks but even though it's 7+ years old!)

I didn't see the value in the original Mac Mini - but by the 3rd revision of the Mac Mini I bought one to replace my home computer (and home entertainment center)

I laughed at the iPod 1.0 ... I didn't see the value in one until iPod 3.0 (3rd gen, I don't know if the software versioning was the same)

I laughed at iPhone 1.0 (especially before you could have real apps).  I didn't buy an iPhone until the 3GS - only then it was useful to me.

I am not laughing at the iPad - I am just not seeing the value in it in its 1.0 version.  Who knows, by 3.0 it may be different.

So history, at least for me, has shown that 3.0 and above seems to be the magic number :-)