[NTLK] iPad

Lord Groundhog LordGroundhog at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 13:03:34 EST 2010

~~~ On 2010/01/28 16:24, Matt Howe at matthowe at comcast.net wrote ~~~

> Interesting take on the iSlate name. iPad may have its images to overcome
> also. Someone sent me this link:
> http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/27/ipad-video-madtv-predicte_n_438880.
> html
> about another idea for the iPad name before Apple made their announcement.
> It is pretty funny.

Thanks for that Matt.  When the name was announced, I remembered watching
that way back when, but never expected to see it again.  That's definitely
worse than "toad".

The Hitler parody was also funny, although I'm a little disturbed to find
that I've been saying a lot of the same things, although without the
swearing and screaming -- and without the obsession with lolcats or bloons.

Even without googling the name, it's hard to imagine they could not know
that.  I guess it proves that there wasn't a single woman working on the
iPad project.

Thre's no going back on that name now, is there?

Shalom.
Christian

            -- what Arthur C. Clarke meant

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1ZzpdPJ7Zr4