[NTLK] ipad

Dennis B. Swaney romad at aol.com
Thu Jan 28 14:44:23 EST 2010

  2010/1/28 Joel M. Sciamma <joel at inventors-emporium.co.uk>

>> One last scurrilous point. For at least 13 years we, as Newton owners,
>> have had to put up with jibes about how big and bulky it is and why
>> anyone would be so nuts as to carry such a brick around. I look
>> forward with interest to see who will lug an iPad around after the
>> novelty has worn off...

Well, for me it will replace the PowerBook I lug around.

The Palm Pilot III replaced my MP 110. It in turn was replaced by a Palm
M505 which was replaced by a Tungsten T. The TT was replaced by 4 GB
iPhone, in turn replaced by an 8 GB model and then a 32 GB 3GS.

So from having to carry a cell phone, PDA, and laptop, I'll be down to
an iPhone and an iPad. Together both of them are lighter than a Newton
and more versatile for me.

--
Sincerely,
Dennis B. Swaney