[NTLK] ipad

Goodwin, Greg P. GoodwinG at aafes.com
Thu Jan 28 14:53:01 EST 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Carls Dudney

On 27/1/10, Ryan Vetter wrote:

>device going to grab us all

Yep, that's exactly the sort of consciousness Jobs is exploiting.

We're all in the virtual world together.

Now we're all able to take our home/pad with us wherever we go.

And keep padding Jobs vaults for him.

While we all keep padding our increasing lack of connection with any
and all non-virtual realities, including ourselves and our true
humanity, our true origins.

At least it's perfectly, honestly named.

A very interesting commentary, and very true, but some things go through my mind as I read this...

1) You are hating a tablet device that was created by Jobs (well at least announced by Jobs) that you can take anywhere and keep you attached to a computer world, and while the Newton was connected in the same, for the nineties had amazing abilities to connect to various networks.   I find this conflict fascinating.

2) You complain about a device that will pad Job's bank account with applications, truthfully there are the Apple ones, and the many developers out there, which is actually not very different from the Newton's heyday, except that the iPhone/iTouch/iPad are astronomically more popular than the Newton, but the base ideas are much the same.

Ultimately, I surmise from this that you don't so much hate the device, applications, or the concept of the iPad, since in many ways it has the same bells and whistles to this era as the Newton had in it's era, relatively speaking.

I just think you dislike Steve Jobs.

    .    .   Doctor Clu  (member of...)
    )\,,/    THE PRISON BOARD BBS  972-329-0781 / telnet://rdfig.net
   /(- _O)   Fido/Dovenet Messages, Games, chat, newsgroup & Mail
  ( \____ )  Old School Computer BBS list (X at main then A or C)