[NTLK] iPad

Jon Glass jonglass at usa.net
Fri Jan 29 04:01:34 EST 2010

On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 11:28 PM, Ryan Vetter
<physicalconstants at yahoo.ca> wrote:
> Oh, and, I see lots of comments on HWR.  While that would be great to have it, it's also slow to input lots of information this way too.  When you think about it, inputting text with an on screen keyboard may actually be faster and easier.

Not standing, or sitting in a crowded car or bus or plane. the beauty
of the Newton HWR is that it is an everywhere system in that you can
utilize it in most situations. In fact, I used to write on moving
buses and trams, and it generally still recognized my grossly splayed
scrawl, due to vehicle movements. Typing on my Treo or iPhone, I
realized, is actually _harder_ for me. (I think that somehow, our
bodies can better handle softening the effects of vehicle roll and
yawing, with one hand holding the pen and the other the paper, than
with the thumb and hand trying to navigate separately in these
situations)

Sorry, but the iPad is a _sitting-down-only_ device. Sure, you can
stand and look, but start trying to write or whatnot, and it becomes
awkward. Maybe even the MacBook Wheel would be better standing than
this. ;-)

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland