[NTLK] iPad

Lord Groundhog LordGroundhog at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 07:57:53 EST 2010

~~~ On 2010/01/29 10:41, Ryan Vetter at physicalconstants at yahoo.ca wrote ~~~

> Ya, try writing on your Newton on a busy Tram.  You need 2 hands for that, and
> you won't be holding onto anything.  Face first...

I do it all the time Ryan, on the London Underground.  My stuff is in a
rucksack on my back or in a briefcase between my feet, my back is braced
against the forward-facing bulkhead.  Generally, I use that time to write up
my final agenda for the meeting I'm going to as well as points I anticipate
will arise, for follow-up.

The only problem I ever get working on the Underground train is the
occasional recognition error with punctuation:  if the train lurches at the
wrong moment, I can get a semi-colon for a colon or a comma for a full stop.
No biggie; I really can live with that for the sake of making use of that
wedge of time for a vital last-minute job.

Try doing that with a keyboard (Londoners aren't accommodating enough to
hold my Newton and keyboard for me) or with voice recognition (those trains
are just too noisy, and I really wouldn't care to tell everyone in the car
what I'm doing, even if it weren't rude to impose it on them).

Shalom.
Christian

            -- what Arthur C. Clarke meant

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1ZzpdPJ7Zr4