[NTLK] Matt's bag

Matt Howe matthowe at comcast.net
Fri Jan 29 13:23:17 EST 2010

Well it is big enough to also hold a couple of books for when I go to
meetings and the like. And one device would be great, but if you add all of
the capabilities I have with my "toys" it would need to:

1. Instant on or at least hibernate once it is booted.
2. Good hand writing recognition. Rosetta is fine for me as I print
everything, but it would have to work.
3. Adequate storage. I have 8 gig in my Nintendo. I carry the complete
Wikipedia less pictures in it. And the storage should be either SD or micro
SD.
4. Color back lit screen the size of a paperback book.
5. Easily sync to Outlook (others would be good too, but I use Outlook)
6. Ability to wake itself up for alarms and appointments
7. USB host, usb device, wifi and bluetooth at a minimum.
8. Enough battery life that I only have to charge it at night or maybe every
couple of days
9. Multiple development suites so I and other developers could code in the
language of our choice
10. and the most nebulous, software lots of good, free or inexpensive
software. Notice that almost every device I carry contains ebooks? That's
because not every device supports every book type and some books are
available in only one or two formats. Some more expensive "Killer" apps
would be good but there needs to be a lot of software that I can put on the
device myself and decide how I like it. Not chosen for me (the major problem
I have with the Apple store).

Give me a device that does all of that and I will get rid of my other
devices. But I have not found one yet. So I'll keep my collection for now.

Matt (Ducky) Howe
Owner of a MP2000U and an Emate
SantaMatt at Gmail.com (Nokia N770)
matthowe at comcast.net (Desktop)
http://home.comcast.net/~mhowe41/
http://SantaMatt.blogspot.com

Oliver Leaman wrote:
<snip>
You must have a pretty big bag! What I guess we all would like is one
device that could do all these things. Whoever makes it will scoop the
pool.
<snip>