[NTLK] Will this work on my MP2100?

Lord Groundhog LordGroundhog at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 14:44:17 EST 2010

I¹ve decided I want to change the way I use my Newtons:  I want to take one
of them and turn it into a straight clone of my main one.  I don¹t want two
machines I can use simultaneously;  I want a machine that I could maintain
as an instantly ready backup in case my main Newt gives up.

Here¹s my question:  if I back up my main Newton onto my computer (OSX and
NCX), and rename the clone machine to be the same as my main Newton, will it
work if I then connect up the clone machine and tell NCX to backup onto the
clone, the same way as it would work if I connected my main Newt?   Or will
NCX be using for some other form of ID for the machine?

I hope that explanation of what I¹m trying to do is clear enough.

Shalom.
Christian

            -- what Arthur C. Clarke meant

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1ZzpdPJ7Zr4