[NTLK] Battery drainage [WAS: "Re: AA NiMH Rechargeables"]

Matt Howe matthowe at comcast.net
Sat Jan 30 12:37:17 EST 2010

There is a setting in preferences about auto IR receive or something like
that. It apparently keeps the IR port running incase some one beams to it.
Maybe someone with a younger or at least better memory can clean up my
muddle remembrance. But this could be causing your rapid battery use.

Matt (Ducky) Howe
Owner of a MP2000U and an Emate
SantaMatt at Gmail.com (Nokia N770)
matthowe at comcast.net (Desktop)
http://home.comcast.net/~mhowe41/
http://SantaMatt.blogspot.com

Aaron Brigati wrote:
<snip>
>> However, for some reason my 2000U drains any set of batteries
>> in it in about two weeks even without using it. (Any set, not just
>> these.) I haven't been able to figure out why.
>
> This is an interesting point.  I've noticed the same thing with one
> I have.
> Not for 2 weeks; it's never inactive for that long.  But I do think
> I have
> seen "power greedy" behaviour with my 2000U that I haven't seen in
> my 2100.
> One of these days I should run some tests and see if it's more than
> just a
> subjective impression.

It hasn't always done this, but I'll be darned if I can figure out
why it started. I don't leave any extra cards in it, and I do have it
set to turn itself off after a little bit in case the power switch
gets hit by accident.

Aaron
<snip>