[NTLK] [ANN] Patch 71J059 - Year 2010 Fix

Woo vitcitylb at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 31 04:38:24 EST 2010

My experience has been, in all my MP2100's and eMates, the 2010 dates bug made all my Newts apps unusable.
My business' usage on the Newts is time and dated based, so he has saved my business considerable time, money, effort, and retraining expenses.  However the iPad might be able to replace the eMates.  :-O

Eckhart Köppen's 'Year 2010 Fix' has allowed the 'internal Newton clock' to reset/restart/reboot into a usable form and allowed for easier resetting of the date. i.e. moving the date from 1/1/2008 instead of 1990's to 2010.
Considering he's done this WITHOUT Apple's support, it's an amazing and usable fix.

I just hope Eckhart can update the patch soon, or at least every 4 yrs. :P
...which reminds, since I've done well with aapl stock, time to help out at least one of the non-apple developers again.  Since Paul Guyot is not around much...Hi Eckhart! :D