[NTLK] Y2010 Fix Idea

Jim Lee jimlee at centurytel.net
Sun Jan 31 23:38:32 EST 2010

In OS 1.x, the date/time was stored in a 32 bit long integer.  In OS
2.x, time is still stored in a 32 bit integer, but they commandeered
the upper 2 bits for flags - so there are only 30 bits left to store
the actual date/time (actually seconds since an epoch).  That's a span
of 136 years in OS 1.x vs only 34 years in OS 2.x.

At least that's how I remember it.

-Jim