[NTLK] [OT] How to Access the Internet

Lord Groundhog lordgroundhog at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 08:45:20 EDT 2010

~~~ On 2010/07/08 11:56, Jon Glass at jonglass at usa.net wrote ~~~

> On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 9:42 AM, Martin Gomez <mmgomez at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Definitely worth reading...
>>
>> http://blogoscoped.com/archive/2010-06-24-n15.html
>
> Considering it's a pure bit of political wackery, I didn't find it all
> that amusing (and comparing the free internet to communism?). What is
> sad is that I'm sure the guy or gal who wrote this piece is also a big
> proponent of net neutrality, which is the shortest way to bring us to
> what he is clearly opposed to. Go figure. It is just one more bit of
> evidence that ideology is blind...

Um, I think that blog falls under the category of "irony", sub-category
"heavy".  As in "dripping with irony".  Sometimes speaking or writing in
that vein has to be allowed to take on a life of its own, or it simply dies,
like a lot of comedy.  He wrote it from within a (somewhat paranoid)
temporary reality construct.  Paranoia sells, especially on the web.

Humour is in the ear of the audience, so somebody will be out there LOLling
their little hearts out even if they don't know what LOL stands for.  Me, I
found it provoked a wry smile a couple of times but it's not my style, and
I've heard better dystopic humour by others.

He did go on just a bit considering what he had to say, and got a little
tedious at times, but I've heard a lot of stand-up comedians fall into that
trap from time to time so that makes him parr for the course.  And we could
spend all day discussing whether individual points were valid/stupid/worth
making at all, but on the whole, I'd give him C+ for the effort.

That's my take, anyway.

Now I'd better put in my Refract-O-Matic Iris Distorter contact lenses,
switch to my ID-Baffler Custom-Hacked Computer with Quantum Cloud
Technology, turn on my Anony-Bounce Geo-Region Concealer box, and swipe in
my CloneMe Rotating ID Scrambler Card, so I can do some real work on the
interwebs without anyone knowing anything about me...