[NTLK] [OT] Pogo Stylus

Griffin, Terence J. terence.griffin at nist.gov
Mon Jun 7 11:43:53 EDT 2010

 I saw a vid on some DYI site. A guy used a plastic pen case, wrapped
 copper wire around the foam, poked it out of the tip, ran the wire up
 the inside of the pen, than out the top and the coiled it around the
 outside so it contacted his fingers when he held the pen.

 I was thinking of taking an old metal Palm stylus and covering the
 tip with some foam. Unfortunately I don't have any foam on hand so I
 have to actually buy some. I even went to a few local computer shops
 to see if they had any old packing material laying around. No go.

 I don't know, but have a feeling that the "profile" of the capacitive
 interference made  the object toucing the screen is used to identify a
 valid touch. I intend to play with the diameter too, once I get my foam.