[NTLK] Wanting to start again with Newton

Beale Michael mjbeale50 at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 20 01:35:55 EDT 2010

I have not used my newton for years but am interested in getting going again.   Bought my first Newton 2000 with 2100 upgrade back in 2005 from Knowledgnavigator at gmail.com but never managed to get the unit to work on wifi because I was sent the wrong wifi card.  No real support from Canada.    Managed to get communication going with earlier versions of osx but found it very frustrating and while using the Newton for my contact lists, once these became flakey around the time of Tiger moved on to other devices.   Still very much like the form of the Newton and love the handwriting recognition.   Have just managed to get my old imac g43 to talk to the Newton using Keyspan device and using Newton Connection Utilities Version 1.2 (34) but only slowly using serial connection.  I have managed to instal my diary and calendar from my intel mac over the network through my imac G4 so now at least I have my appointments and contacts on the Newton.     Is there a way to increase the speed of data transfer?   I note that when I am in the Dock it seems I have a number of options given the way the machine is which include Serial 2400, Serial 4800 and Serial 9600 but these do not seem to work with NCU34.   Any help such as links to URL's would be appreciated.

Regards

Michael Beale