[NTLK] 2010 issues

Forrest Buffenmyer anasazi4st at me.com
Sun Jun 20 04:11:39 EDT 2010

On Jun 19, 2010, at 11:01 PM, Beale Michael <mjbeale50 at hotmail.com> wrote:

Dear Newtontalk,

I have installed the patch for 2010 but am wondering every time I restart the machine using the button in the base of the unit it seems to take me back to 2008 requiring me to reset the clock. Is that inherent with its operation now?

Micheal:

Welcome back to the wonderful world of Newton!! Yes, at present when you press the Reset button (or the system resets on its own) it will default to January 2008 at 5am (the time might be a little different for you. The 2010 patch you've applied was created by Eckhart Kӧeppel, his being far better than any others, save for this one drawback. He's currently at work on a newer patch that will default to the current date.

As for another of your questions: if you look on UNNA you'll find a package called 115200 which adds that speed to the serial drop-down list of those available. Sorry, I looked for that link but couldn't find it. You'll also need to type a couple of lines into Terminal (OS X machine) which makes the Mac adjust the connection speed to this faster one.

Thanks,
--Forrest