[NTLK] 2010 issues

David Schultz dschultzjr at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 12:13:24 EDT 2010

On Jun 29, 2010, at 12:23 PM, Grant Hutchinson <grant at splorp.com> wrote:

> On Jun 29, 2010, at 7:08 AM, David Schultz wrote:
>
>> It's only because of this thread I learned why my newton server
>> keeps defaulting back to the wrong time. I thought I installed
>> the patch improperly. Do keep us in the loop, won't you G-dog?
>
> Will do.
>
> I've tested the new patch on one of my backup MP2100s and it works
> flawlessly. I'll be applying it to my NPDS server tonight and running
> a few more tests. A couple of the other folks testing the patch have
> been successful as well.
>
> Other than the fact that the patch does exactly what it's supposed to
> and fixes the date reset problem ... the best part is the version
> number ... 711000 ... love it.
>
> g.

> Grant Hutchinson
>
> Interface Considerations. Feature Deprecation. Typography. Rawk.

My only head scratching came from constantly having to reset the date and time. Our NPDS newton servers are always rebooting/ resetting so my Newt's time is always off by 2 years. Did I already post asking if anyone had an sntp solution for newtons? Something like vremya the old Mac time setting utility for classic OS?
I'd think this would be standard on the newton what with the time setting interface being so clunky. Thoughts?

dvsjr
--
http://newtonserver.no-ip.com