[NTLK] 2010 thanks and a quick question...

James Wages james at kiramek.com
Mon Mar 15 17:52:48 EDT 2010

Thank you to the kind soul who emailed "Religiosity of the Apple Newton
Community" to me yesterday.

Prior to reading it, based on the title, I was thinking it was making
reference to the fact that many among us are religious in some respect and
are a bit vocal about it.  But upon closer examination of that research
paper, it's clear that it makes us out to be more of a "strange cult" than
talking about our religious beliefs.

Simply reading this paper made me feel strange.  While reading it I was
thinking, "why would anyone even take time to write something like this?"
But there are all many of hoops one must jump through to earn a good grade
or garner respect in Academia, so I can understand the underlying reasons.

Suffice it to say, I won't be reading it a second time.  I like my Newton,
but that in no way makes me some kind of freak or fanatical cult member.
Indeed, the really fanatics though tend to be the ones who go around and
over-analyze people.

It's amusing to see how the less one understands about human nature, the
more driven one is to over-analyze people.

--James Wages