[NTLK] Who here thinks the iPad is a worthy replacement for the Newton?

Lord Groundhog LordGroundhog at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 19:10:38 EDT 2010

~~~ On 2010/03/19 22:08, Dennis B. Swaney at romad at aol.com wrote ~~~

> Why not just replace one of the phones? There is no reason to carry 2,
> unless 1 of them is a burn phone.

1. AFAIK, an iPad will be just a teensy-weensy bit bigger than a phone,
unless the advanced publicity on the iPad is very, very inaccurate.  So no
matter what, replacing a handset with an iPad, which takes up more space and
weighs a lot more than any cell phone since about 1990, is comparing oranges
with apples.

2. I'm not quite sure what you mean by a "burn phone"; I'm used to hearing
that phrase with reference to a disposable handset for illegal activities.
The activities in which I engage don't classify as illegal (except perhaps
in Red China or Zimbabwe?) so it's not a term I'd use for my phones.

Despite that, there are several reasons why I need to have 2 handsets.
Heck, on some occasions I've even carried 3, but after all, they're small --
3 of them together are smaller than my Newt.

Last thought:  I'm not even sure it's possible for anyone to determine
whether or not someone else needs more than one handset, without a lot more
information than I'd ever make public.  :-)

Shalom.
Christian

            -- what Arthur C. Clarke meant

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1ZzpdPJ7Zr4