[NTLK] graphics on the MP2x00?

Forrest Buffenmyer anasazi4st at me.com
Wed Mar 31 14:06:02 EDT 2010

After reading Doug's post about his difficulty getting graphics to transfer in NS_Basic, I realized I had a question about graphics as well.

It's not as complicated as Doug's...I think I've just forgotten the settings I had before, and have brainwiped the Newton in the course of other projects, removing those settings.

The question--while using Newt's Cape I'm unable to get any graphics to appear (I can get small GIFs, icons and some other small placeholders to show up there by asking it to load graphics, then a slip comes up where I check off the graphics I want to load)...things like maps, photos, etc. just don't show up. Sometimes I get the "?"...but mostly, not.

I seem to recall being able to view things like maps and photos before...am I mistaken? Was that another machine?

Let's say I want to view a map of California (like the map of San Francisco that's on the front of the MP2000 box). How would I do that?

Thanks in advance,
--Forrest