[NTLK] To give away - Macintosh Portable

Jim Lee jimlee at centurytel.net
Wed May 5 16:53:49 EDT 2010

On May 5, 2010, at 1:25 PM, Goodwin, Greg P. wrote:

> See, I don't know what you guys are talking about.  My Macintosh 128K computer was PLENTY portable.  I used to tote that thing by the handle all around campus.  I would take it up to the three floor at the college library, and just find a plug and there I would do all my word processing for my reports.
>
> So putting a Macintosh into essentially a brief case?   That was just overkill.   :P

Yeah, I used to take my Mac Plus back and forth to work every day, in the specially made ballistic nylon case that Apple sold.  It was no big deal - just sling it over the shoulder and off you go. :)  It was (is) amazingly portable.  Now, people are already complaining that the iPad is too heavy!  Holy cow...

-Jim