[NTLK] To give away - Macintosh Portable

Lord Groundhog LordGroundhog at gmail.com
Wed May 5 18:31:27 EDT 2010

~~~ On 2010/05/05 21:53, Jim Lee at jimlee at centurytel.net wrote ~~~

> Yeah, I used to take my Mac Plus back and forth to work every day, in the
> specially made ballistic nylon case that Apple sold.  It was no big deal -
> just sling it over the shoulder and off you go. :)  It was (is) amazingly
> portable.  Now, people are already complaining that the iPad is too heavy!
> Holy cow...

You're right Jim, the kids these days, no stamina, no gumption!  You give
them one tiny piece of electronics to carry around in their weedy little
toothpick arms, and they start belly-aching and crying about how heavy it
is.  Back in my day, they gave us a thing like a portable sewing machine
that weighed 25 pounds and only had half-an-hour's worth of battery life.
Did we whine and complain?  Of course not!  We just manned up and got on
with the job, right?

Well anyway, that's how I remember it now...

Shalom.
Christian

            -- what Arthur C. Clarke meant

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1ZzpdPJ7Zr4