[NTLK] Apple acknowledges Newton (sorta)

Ross Deihm adventuresindining at gmail.com
Thu May 13 10:56:41 EDT 2010

Yeah, I remember reading about that. But aside from that, the ad is a very
effective in a way the Newton ad could not be. Perhaps because computers
have changed in our use and feel, or that more people are simply more
familiar with what portable devices can do that we see a different adoption
rate of the iPad vs Newton.

I found both of these statements bizarre:
"The Newton is as powerful as a computer..." Re the MessagePad
"You already know how to work it..." Re the iPad

I would have thought that each of those statements should be in the OTHERS
ad.

IIRC a VP or some equivalent was re-hired several months ago to get the iPad