[NTLK] Using Newton - Simple Pleasures

Lord Groundhog LordGroundhog at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 10:09:05 EST 2010

~~~ On 2010/11/12 14:51, Laurent Bourrelly at newty at gmx.com wrote ~~~

> In fact, I will never let down a device, which recognizes my ugly handwriting.

Laurent,

That really is the bottom line isn't it?  I only have two ways to write,
calligraphy or "What the heck is that mess?"  The former is for
presentation, not for "real work"; the latter has been the bane of my
existence (and that of my teachers, co-workers, and anyone else unfortunate
enough to receive anything handwritten from me including most girlfriends)
since my youth.  And yet I feel most certainly that what I'm saying is "from
the heart" when I'm writing it in long-hand.

The only time loving care and understanding is lavished upon my scrawl (once
described as "a chicken with ink on its feet, having a seizure on a piece of
paper") is when I give it to my wife or my Newton.  How could I turn my back
on either one?   :-P

Shalom.
Christian

            -- ref.:  Arthur C. Clarke