[NTLK] Followup: Looking for people willing to donate one cent to pda-soft.de

Morgan Aldridge morgant at makkintosshu.com
Tue Nov 16 17:34:14 EST 2010

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 4:00 PM, Frank Gruendel <newtontalk at pda-soft.de> wrote:

> All of you who donated reported that PayPal did not take you back to the thank you page. That's bad.
> I wonder what could be misunderstood here:
>
>        http://www.pda-soft.de/scratch/ppsetup.gif
>

> Did I misunderstand the meaning of "when they finish checkout"?
>
> What I noticed was that in their example they are using an address on a secure (https) server,
> whereas my thank you pages are on a normal (http) server. I'd think that AFTER the transaction is
> finished this wouldn't matter, but who knows? I'll put these pages on a secure server and look what
> happens. But I'd be surprised if many PayPal customers who accept donations even have access to such
> a secure server, so I can't imagine this could be the reason.

This is a common problem with PayPal's order/donation/etc. flow. When
one completes an order/donation/etc., you are presented with the
confirmation/receipt, but one must then click a "return to merchant"
link (I apologize for not knowing the exact wording off the top of my
head) to be sent to the URL you specified in your PayPal code. I find
that few people actually click said link because giving payment and
getting a receipt it all they went there to do. As I recall, it's also
not as prominent as it could/should be.

Did any of you who tested this for Frank happen to see or follow that link?

Morgan
---
http://www.makkintosshu.com/
http://rikuwoiku.com/