[NTLK] Next, please!

Tony Morrow gizmo1482 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 18:01:30 EST 2010

On Nov 17, 2010, at 6:11 PM, Frank Gruendel wrote:

> Well, there's always the donate button on Eckhart's page www.40hz.org.
>
> Eckhart's contributions to the Newton communitiy are (at least in my
> opinion) about ten million
> times more valuable than mine.
>
> Cheers
>
> Frank
>
> -- Newton software and hardware at http://www.pda-soft.de

I do agree the software Eckhart has created for the Newton is
outstanding. If it wasn't for his will I don't believe there wouldn't
be a patch for the 2010 bug. At least not as great as it is now.
However, I must say that if it wasn't for the guides on your website
then we would be much more lost when it came to replacing a backlight
or repairing broken MP130s.

I can't tell you how helpful pda-soft.de was when I first came into
the Newton community. I was the new owner of a MP2100, which had a bad
battery and no dongle. Within a month the battery pack was re-celled
and I had a SER-001 board installed. All of that was possible with the
guides on the website.

I will conclude with the following: The fate of pda-soft.de and
40hz.org are forever linked. We can't enjoy the software for the
Newton without knowledge of the hardware and how to keep it running.
Likewise we can't enjoy the hardware without the software written by
developers.

-Tony Morrow