[NTLK] Mail V

R A Parker RAParker at Newted.ORG
Sat Oct 2 16:24:00 EDT 2010

On Saturday, October 2, 2010 at 1:21 am Forrest wrote:

> WELL...while YOU are "out and
> about" making unfunny jokes,

Well, that was the quickest thing I could come up with. I'm not a comedian, but I play one on the Internet.

> Despite the "aligning of pen"
> remark,

I'm sorry, let me catch my breath. That _was_ really funny.

> there must be something wrong with
> Mail V's Filters setup. Try playing
> around with different options how
> it either jumbles the meaning or
> simply ignores certain choices (for
> example, choose "Cc:recipient"

I just did and you're right. I didn't see the problem with The "To:" field but definitely saw strange things with the "Cc:" choice. This may be something Simon Bell should be made aware of. It may just be a syntax or wording error but the filter works just fine.

However, another thing I've learned is that Mail V filters that use the "Is" or "Isn't" condition on the "To:" or "From:" headers (in fact, any headers) tend to be too "explicit." It's not a bug, it's a feature ;-) I'm guessing, too much cruft in these fields. Things like brackets and quotes or, who knows.

Solution: The "has" or "hasn't" condition has better results for matching words in header fields.

> I have reset the Newton a couple of
> times...I have deleted my email
> access settings in Mail V and
> started over--twice.

You'll be a NewtonTalk techie in no time!

> SO--excuuuuuse ME if the "align
> your pen" comment causes me A
> LITTLE irritation, after all
> that...like it was that simple. ;)

Don't make me laugh. I may just start crying!

R A

--
Sent using Mail V and a Wireless Newton 2100.
--
   |\ |  @ TahoeSunsets.COM