[NTLK] Terminal Fonts

Morgan Aldridge morgant at makkintosshu.com
Mon Sep 6 10:02:07 EDT 2010

On Sun, Sep 5, 2010 at 3:30 PM, Matthias Melcher <mm at matthiasm.com> wrote:

> On 03.09.2010, at 14:56, Goodwin, Greg P. wrote:
>
>>       Before I asked how to make a font for PT100.  Now I am wondering if there is ANY term program (PT100, EE Transfer, etc) that anyone here knows how to make a terminal font for?
>
> The source code for PT100 can be found online using Google. I have not checked, if it compiles or if it has the fonts stored internaally, or if there is another way of changing the font. But at least the code is there.

You mean the source code for making PostScript fonts on the Newton,
not PT100's source code, right? I've not found the source code for
Scrawl's PT100 terminal emulator for Newton anywhere (but if you have
found it, please send me a link so I can preserve it until I can get
permission to publish it on UNNA).

As for creating fonts, see the following on the Newton FAQ:

<http://www.splorp.com/newton/faq/newton-faq-software.html#VE2>

And, Grant Hutchinson's "Creating Newton Fonts: Tools Tribulations"
(PDF) slides from WWNC 2006 can be found here:

<http://wwnc.newtontalk.net/resources/>

Morgan
---
http://www.makkintosshu.com/