[NTLK] Einstein running on iPhone

Matthias Melcher mm at matthiasm.com
Wed Sep 15 03:58:40 EDT 2010

On 15.09.2010, at 05:22, Tony Kan wrote:

> Hi Matthias
>
> Well done.  The video shows you using the gestures but I presume HWR works too.
> If the speed is improved, somehow we can back up Einstein data to a desktop or
> the cloud get the Newton using the cellphone through the iPhone mic and speaker,
> we may well have got our Newton successor!

HWR works just fine. It's a full Newton.

Yeah, the speed is still bad. The problem is that we emulate an ARM processor in Big Endian mode on just another ARM processor in little endian mode. But there is still plenty of room for improvement.

Speaker support should be easy. Microphone support should work with some fixes.

Interfacing to a desktop machine will be possible using the NE2000 network card emulation - that's one reason why I wrote that.

 - Matthias