[NTLK] Newton OS on iPad video

Dennis B. Swaney romad at aol.com
Sat Sep 18 09:30:07 EDT 2010

On 18/09/10 00:27PDT, Andy Hill wrote:

> Wouldn't it be ironic if Apple, having discarded the Newton, awoke in
> 2011/12 to find that a mass of previous Newton owners, happily using the
> Newton OS, as preferred applications on their i-somethings. Even more
> ironic, if through these developments, Apple re-realised the  potential
> of the platform and integretrated Newton-like developments from here on..

But that will only be with Apple's permission, at least on their
iDevices. Apple supposedly has applied for a patent on a process that
will allow them to identify and permanently shutdown jail-broken
iDevices thus closing that route. I suppose that if you NEVER turned off
Airplane Mode, turned on WiFi, or synced with iTunes, they might miss
your jail-broken device.

--
Sincerely,
Dennis B. Swaney