[NTLK] Hello - returning to list & MP 2000 internet question

Lloyd A. Conway ssgconway at juno.com
Sat Sep 18 19:27:24 EDT 2010

Greetings, All:
        After a short absence, I've returned to the list, and wish to
extend greetings to all. My MP 130 stopped powering up, and I didn't
have time (or a solder iron0 to invest in trying to tear it down and fix
it, so I went shopping and bought an MP 2000 off eBay.  It works fine,
but has no adapter, so my current ability to load packages is
nonexistent.  I'm working on trying to get NetHopper on-line, and have,
after several hours of trial and error, on-line research (including NT
archives), and several calls to my Internet provider, Fastermac.net,
come up against a roadblock that I hope someone can help me with:
      What settings would be most likely to allow NetHopper to connect
via dial-up?  I have the Internet Setup package set up with The Newt's
IP address as 'dynamic,' the 'Gateway IP address' as 'dynamic,' and the
'Name Server IP address' as 169.192.0.21.  Much of this has been
educated guesswork.  I can get, with either of two dial-up accounts, a
modem connection, but I cannot actually log into the server.  I assume
that 'operator headspace,' rather than a mechanical/electrical issue, is
the problem.  Any suggestions would be welcome.  Thank you.
      Additionally, If there is interest in my old '130, I'd be willing
to part with it for the cost of shipping, as well as with a '110 that a
list member had given to me for parts once.  Pleae contact me off-line
about this.
Regards,
-Lloyd Conway