[NTLK] Spanish translation of pda-soft: Looking for help

Jon Glass jonglass at usa.net
Wed Sep 29 11:42:13 EDT 2010

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 3:48 PM, Michael 'Mickey' Sattler
<mickey at sattlers.org> wrote:
> I just did this on a pro-bono website I do and it's amazing, lets folks concentrate on CONTENT, and it's (repeat after me) "good enough".

I wonder if this thinking would be consistent if the original language
were something besides English, and the target language were English.
I don't know, but somehow, I doubt people would hang around your web
site long if it were entirely machine-translated. It's like you are
offering second-best for all languages but English. I, for one,
appreciate Frank's desire to do it right.

In my own experience, I've found that when I tried the "good enough"
approach, I all too frequently had to do it again and get it
right--thus nearly doubling my effort than if I had just done it right
in the first place. I'm no fan of the "good enough" variety of work
ethic. (and I certainly don't want it in my mechanic or doctor!!!)

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland