[NTLK] Twitter Client

Clu drclu at swbell.net
Fri Apr 8 09:01:31 EDT 2011

On Apr 8, 2011, at 6:40 AM, Morgan Aldridge wrote:

> One can still read from the Twitter API without using SSL, but I
> believe posting now requires SSL (or, at the very least, SSL is
> required for OAuth, so there's no way to authenticate to post without
> it). It would be relatively straightforward to write a Twitter client
> to display tweets, esp. considering how close to NewtonScript the JSON
> data format that the API supports is

Sounds promising.

Being someone that has not tweeted, what do some of you like about
it?   It is basically a news feed sent directly to your device,
though as I understand it, the tweets are limited in size.  Is that
about the geist of it?

Really just asking for conversation sake.  I have seen people
addicted to twittering, so like with Magic the Gathering, I have
taken great strides to avoid it entirely.  :)

    .  _ .  Doctor Clu (of...)
    /{_}{}   =PRISON BOARD BBS=
   /(- _O)    972-329-0781
  ( \____ ) telnet://rdfig.net