[NTLK] Archival Storage (was: Storage card specifications)

Dan dan at dbdigitalweb.com
Fri Apr 8 21:28:20 EDT 2011

Yes, to be honest I had totally forgot about MO when I was writing the
forgot the technology existed, and even thought it had died out.  As for
little market for such storage, well yes and no.  What is stopping it is
hard drives have become so cheap and data transfer rates fast enough
that they just back up to another drive instead of offloading the data
to such a storage medium.

I am not certain but I think the MO medium wears out after a certain
number of writes like Flash?  This could be another downside that is
holding the technology back from becoming mass adopted here.

Still I might look into one, years ago I liked the look of the format
and thought it was much better than CD/DVD...but then DVD drives and
media went way down in price......

-Dan