[NTLK] Finite number of Flash RAM write cycles

Michael 'Mickey' Sattler mickey at sattlers.org
Mon Apr 11 17:04:58 EDT 2011

On Apr 11, 2011, at 13:55 , Frank Gruendel wrote:

> Most commercially available flash products are guaranteed to withstand around 100,000 /E cycles

I think you have to add "modern, current" in front of "commercial". IIRC, earlier generations of flash was about 50,000 cycles, and I have no exact recollection of what those numbers were like in the Newton era. Much less than 100k cycles.

Mickey

--
Michael 'Mickey' Sattler - San Francisco - California - USA

Contact info at http://www.sattlers.org/mickey/contact/

I was born not knowing and have had only a little time to change that here and there. -- Richard Feynman (1918 - 1988)