[NTLK] NCX version 1.3, build 44

Tony Morrow gizmo1482 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 15:06:29 EDT 2011

On Apr 23, 2011, at 1:29 PM, Dennis B. Swaney wrote:

> According to AppFresh, I have build 42, however in the notes for this
> build it says that it may crash on PPC machines. Since I don't have an
> Intel Mac, should I stay at build 42 and not update NCX any more?

I used build 44 of NCX on my PowerBook with little issues on both 10.4 and 10.5. It actually worked a little better than 42 when it came to making a connection over wifi, disconnecting, and then trying to reconnect. With build 42 I always had to close the application and reopen it after disconnecting over wifi. If you are using ethernet/wifi I suggest using the EtherDock package over DockTCP. After upgrading to Leopard I could not get DockTCP to connect. With serial connections I didn't notice a difference between build 42 and build 44.

-Tony