[NTLK] Extremely negative experience dealing with Newtonsales.com

Dale Raby daleraby at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 12:01:53 EDT 2011

Ferdi is well-known around the list, as others will tell you.  I avoid
doing business with people who have a bad reputation... in other
words, check 'em out before your send 'em your gold.

I've always tried to properly represent items I list for sale, and
when I screw up, I ask what I can do to fix it.  Then I do what they
ask.  A ruined reputation is worse than any loss of revenue.  This is
universally true whether one is a prostitute, a blacksmith, or a
physician.  (Yes, I am ONE of the three... take your pick!)

Dale

On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 10:15 AM, Aaron FRANK <amfcz at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Just a short warning to anyone considering doing business with Newtonsales.com /
> knowledgenavigator at gmail.com
>
> I purchased a Newton from Ferdi Ozguner via eBay last December. The item which I
> received was completely different from the eBay sales listing -- it was not the
> model advertised, it was not in mint condition, and it didn't work properly.
>
> The seller was very condescending and insulting when I raised a claim.
> Ultimately, PayPal ruled that I could return the item for a full refund.
>
> I returned the item with a tracking number under Canadapost -- the tracking
> number, and a Canadapost investigation, both confirmed that the item was
> successfully delivered.
>
> Since then, Mr. Ozguner has continued to dispute the item's return, and he and
> PayPal have referred the case to a collection agency. I find this unbelievable
> -- I returned the item ahead of the deadline, which Canadapost verified.
>
> Obviously, this gentleman is anything but, and behaves vindictively whenever
> anyone questions his ethics of selling items which do not match the sales
> description.

"Nothing is ever so bad that it couldn't be worse, and if it could be
worse than it is, then maybe its not so bad!"