[NTLK] How do you use your Newton day to day?

R A Parker RAParker at Newted.ORG
Fri Aug 5 00:42:00 EDT 2011

Email:

Within minutes of pulling my Newton out, I was reading your email in gorgeous backlit, green, plain text. The indispensable Mail V had already downloaded my NewtonTalk Messages earlier, based on a regular schedule.

Selecting the "stylus" option on my custom "FranklinCovey" multi-function Stylus/Pen, I highlight your questions and tap reply from the action menu within the Newton's Inbox.

>From here, my MessagePad becomes a Magic Pad. HWR editor enhancements are active and used extensively to help express my answers. BBedit, hilite2000, proPoint, MacinTalk, Merlin and Word Sleuth.

The Newton's built-in text expander helps with formatting as well, by adding extra carriage returns simply and easily. The macro expands cr> to a single carriage return and crcr becomes a double carriage return.

I double check the questions, verify I answered them sufficiently. I trim the included quote to its minimum.

Lastly, spell check with Merlin and grammar checking using MacinTalk text-to-speech.

After I hit send, I will then move on to my other messages including my Newton user's Twitter feed.

Later tonight... review today's ToDo list.

Ron A. Parker
Yes, I use my Newton daily.

--
Sent using Mail V and a Wireless Newton 2100.
--
   |\ |  @ TahoeSunsets.COM